Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Honey Roasted Cashews

Everyone needs a treat sometimes and these tend to take that sweet tooth of mine out the window.  The only problem is I do have to limit my daily amount as to not exceed me teaspoon of honey I am allowed.


To make this delicious treat you will need a Cast Iron Skillet.  

3 TBS Coconut oil
2 TBS Raw Honey
3-4 Cups Raw Cashews
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1/4 tsp salt

In the Cast Iron Skillet melt coconut oil.  Then add the honey and let it dissolve and mix with the oil. when it gets a bubbly add the Cashews.  Add Seasonings and salt.  Constantly Stir with a Metal spatula until the nuts are a nice light brown color.  

Have a bowl lined with parchment paper ready before roasting the cashews.  Dump the Cashews into the bowl.  ( I also like to scrape the caramelized honey out over the cashews mix it into the nuts)  Wait about 5 min, pick up the parchment paper and dump excess oil out.    Place the nuts into the freezer and allow time to cool.  (I usually just can't wait and start snitching the cooled nuts on the top of the bowl after 10 min)  I store these in the fridge.  

Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment