Friday, March 6, 2015

Leek Soup

In my search for foods that fit all our dietary restrictions I have found that soup just hits the spot.  


This soup is one a friend found and gave to me.  I have altered it as I always do.  We love it.

1 Tbs Olive Oil
2 C. chopped celery
1 large onion Chopped
1 C. thinly sliced leeks
2 Cloves Garlic  Crushed
2 Cups finely Grated Zuchinni
1 1/2 Coconut Milk
32 fl oz Imagine Organic Free range Chicken Broth.  (this one contains no dyes, sugars or yeast)
Pepper

In a large pot sauté Onions, Celery, garlic and Leeks in Olive oil.    Add Chicken broth and let soup boil till celery is softer.  Then add finely grated zucchini.  Boil and additional 5-10 min till zucchini is at desired texture.  Add coconut milk.  Add pepper to taste.  

Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment