Thursday, March 12, 2015

Taco Salad


 Salads are my friend.  When I first started out I was unable to eat lettuce or uncooked veggies.  After my first 12 weeks at this diet.  My first request for foods being added back in was SALADS.  Since then I eat a salad 1-2 times a day every day, and I still love them.   

For a basic Salad I like to have 4 main ingredients:

Romain Lettuce
Colored Bell Peppers
Cucumbers.
Locally bought Carrots (local because then they are not as old and have more flavor.)

The nice thing about Salads are they are so versatile and yet at the same time they are familiar.

To make a Taco Salad.   I start by making my basic salad.  Then I use:

1 whole Avocado per plate.  (remember Good FAT is Good.  So eat it.  besides avocados work as a great replacement for salad dressing.)
Ground Turkey
Green Onions
Diced Tomatoes
And touch it off with a bit of Cilantro.  



No comments:

Post a Comment